Lee County Library—Assistant Director Position
Lee County Library seeks an energetic leader with the ability to deliver results as Assistant Director. Lee County Library is a four-branch public library system with Leesburg Library, Oakland Library, Redbone Library, Smithville Library, and the Bindery at Oakland Event and Conference Venue.
Position Overview: The Assistant Director assists the Library Director and Leadership Team in the administration and supervision of the overall operations of the library, which include policy development, efficient use of resources, planning and organization of service delivery, development of administrative procedures, and motivating staff to achieve new goals and strategic imperatives. Additionally, this position will guide projects from concept to implementation and evaluation and lead the delivery of system-wide programs and services. The Assistant Director will maintain high standards of public service, and ensure the effectiveness of system-wide programs, services, and events. An ideal candidate for this position has excellent leadership skills, experience in multiple areas of library operations in a fast-paced library environment, and a strong commitment to excellent public service and library stewardship.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfilling the Library’s mission by providing direction, oversight, management, and innovation efforts for essential Library programs and services
- Assisting the Library Director in the overall management and operations of all Lee County Libraries
- Attending Library board meetings as needed
- Participating in outreach to civic groups and community organizations
- Coordinating branch services and training staff across multiple locations
- Performing financial and administrative functions as necessary
- Hold a Masters in Library Science from a college accredited by the American Library Association
- Hold a Grade 5-B certification from the Georgia State Board for the Certification of Librarians or the ability to hold within two months of employment
- Minimum of three years of experience in an administrative professional position in a public library with progressively responsible experience supervising the operations of a library system with multiple locations.
click here for application.
Position is open until filled.
Information about Lee County, GA can be found here:
Lee County Chamber of Commerce: https://www.leechamber.biz/
Lee County, Georgia: http://www.lee.ga.us/