Reading 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is fun and easy!
Enjoy reading with your child! Help them develop valuable skills and discover a love of books.
Research shows that reading books and sharing stories are two of the best ways to help children develop the language skills they need to enter school ready to learn.
Click Here to get started and log reading as you go!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Register for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten using our online logging system, Beanstack. (If you have previously created an account on Beanstack for Summer Reading, login using the same login information. Add your child as a new reader under your account and select 1000 Books Before Kindergarten as the program.)
- Read any book to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to have read 1000 books by the time your child starts kindergarten.
- Log each book read on Beanstack.
- Earn virtual badges for each 100 books read.
- When you reach 1000 books read, contact the library to let us know! We will get a special certificate of completion and a prize ready for you. You can come into the library to pick it up or use our curbside pick-up service!
- Every book counts, even those read by others, board books, digital books, etc.
- Make it exciting! Try using different voices for characters or just giving inflection when there is an action happening.
- Make your own milestone rewards. Our program gives virtual badges to indicate how much you've read along the way and a prize & certificate when the 1000 books goal is reached. For extra encouragement, you can find fun ways on your own to reward your child, such as stickers, a fun treat or small toy, or even just an extra trip to the playground.